Some of the most successful vets in the industry realized long ago that all local businesses (including theirs) benefits from internet marketing. People now more than ever look for their favorite products and services online first.
This applies even more wholeheartedly to veterinary practices. Whenever a pet parent needs a veterinarian, their first port of call is their computer or phone screen to do a Google search. About 80% of these searches convert to scheduling an appointment with the vet whose website they visit.
For the savvy veterinarian, ensuring their practice’s website is the first search result that locals see has become more important now than ever.
Our marketing gurus have broken down some of the most lucrative and easy-to-set-up strategies that the top veterinary practices are employing right now. They include:
1. Web Design: Your website is what introduces your practice to potential clients; it’s the very first impression they see of you. What visitors think of this first impression will separate you from other veterinary clinics in your local area.
It goes without saying, but you need a professional-looking web design to create an impression that you are dependable and trustworthy. Through your website, people will learn about your services, the procedures you do, and the products you offer (if any). Remember: If they like what they see, then doing business with you is only ever a click away.
But what defines a professional website?
Well first and foremost, it needs to work properly! Here are the fundamental details that absolutely need to be working on your website to ensure leads are not lost along the way:
To recap, pay attention to the following when creating your website:
2. Local SEO: Search Engine Optimization strategies will help you rank well in Google’s local search results. With the right local SEO strategy, your veterinary clinic will appear whenever someone in your locale types “veterinarian near me” on Google.
Local SEO pays attention to searches that are specific to your area. This is particularly helpful to your practice because it will target clients who are in your locality.
For veterinary practices, this is key to ensure a steady flow of clients. Word-of-mouth can then be spread by these satisfied clients to their friends and family, potentially bringing in previously unreachable new clients from outside your locality.
As we mentioned, Local SEO can make your clinic appear as one of the first results in Google. Aim for this spot because the top 3 includes a Google map with that includes your location and information that has your address, clinic hours, and contact information. Here is an example:
The best way to start your own local SEO strategy is to:
Ouch! Is your website costing you sales? Find out with a free audit.**
** Not another disguised sales pitch. No strings attached. Applicable tips.
Strong coffee and nearby seating is highly recommended, but not mandatory.
3. PPC Advertising: Pay-per-click ads are either paid search result ads or display ads on other websites. If you see the word “ad” attached to a search result, that’s PPC advertising. PPC ads allows your business to show up at the top of the results page, even higher than the organic results. You can also appear to specific audiences. For example, whenever people in your area visit websites relating to getting a new pet, your vet clinic can appear in their search as well. PPC advertising is a wise investment because you pay only when someone clicks your ad.
To maximize the returns of your PPC advertising, do the following:
4. Email Marketing: Email marketing is an important strategy because of its high ROI. Create an email list by asking people to leave their email address in your website, ads or in your office. Send different types of emails like welcome emails, appointment reminders, updates in your practice, tips for taking care of their pets, or any entertaining animal stories.
To do this properly, don’t forget that:
5. Social Media: Social media will help tremendously with your marketing. Almost 90% of people use social media at lease once a day, so this is a huge source for potential audience. Social media allows you to stay connected with your clients and can also introduce you to a huge number of audiences.
There are several social media platforms available. Find out which platform your clients use the most and establish your presence there. If most of your clients are on TikTok, create short videos on pet-caring tips, common questions clients ask, etc. If they are heavy Instagram users, come up with visually appealing photos of your practice or ask your clients to post their photos with their pets, tag your clinic, and share the post with your followers.
6. Conversion Rate Optimization: Bringing people to your website is unfortunately not enough for the best veterinary practices - you need them to convert, as well.
What this means is, you want people to call up your office, book an appointment online, or at the least, leave their email address.
Optimize your website for conversion by doing the following:
Digital Marketing Company Gold Coast for your business is a necessary venture; but it is also a powerful and lucrative one. Some of the absolute best veterinary practices in Australia are using digital marketing to fill out their client list, but there’s one last secret that holds them apart. They focus on their expertise: being a vet!
The experienced, amazing team here at Digital Junkies can take the (sometimes overwhelming) burden of digital marketing off of your should, so that you can focus on your passion. Our experts have an extensive history of running ads for a wide range of veterinary practices – check out our previous work here!
Call us today to book a strategy call and let us secure your practice’s niche!